Bexar County Courthouse • 100 Dolorosa, Suite 500 • Fifth Floor • San Antonio Texas 78205
||Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
Closed weekends and county holidays
Phone: (210) 227-8822*
Fax: (210) 271-9614
Copy room: (210) 335-3182*
*Staff can provide general information about the library but cannot answer legal questions.
The Bexar County Law Library provides the bench, bar, governmental agencies and the public with cost-effective access to the most recent statutes, case law and the best available commentary regarding legal issues.
The Bexar County Law Library has served Bexar County as a depository for legal materials since 1988 By maintaining local ordinances, legislative and administrative publications, legal treatises, encyclopedias and legal periodicals, anRd reports that reflect state and federal activity, the Law Library serves the legal research needs of San Antonio and the surrounding Hill Country.
The Law Library is pleased to announce the addition of a Lexis terminal for online research. Access includes Dorsaneo’s Texas Litigation Guide, the Texas Transaction Guide, The Texas Criminal Practice Guide, and Shepard’s, as well as Texas Cases & Code, the 5th Circuit, and USSC. For guidance and training in using Lexis please contact Ryan Quinn @ 210.317.1475 or email@example.com.
Rules for Public Use of the Law Library
Library Code of Conduct
HOW THE LIBRARY STAFF CAN SERVE YOU:
What we CAN do:
• Make referrals to proper agencies
• Direct public to sources of law and forms
• Make available legal
materials and form pleadings
• Assist with CDRom & Internet usage
What we CANNOT do:
• Give legal advice
• Do legal research
• Interpret statutes, cases, regulations or forms
• State opinions on legal issues
• Select specific forms
• Choose language for forms
• Type any documents
• Provide office supplies
Please note that the library staff is here to help and assist but NOT to do work for you. By opting to represent yourself, it is your responsibility to research and prepare any and all legal documents necessary for your case.
FEES AND SERVICES
- 20 cents per copy (per side)/ 25 cents on BCLL account
- 20 cents per printed page/ 25 cents on BCLL account
- $1.00 per page to send or receive
- $2.50 plus $1.00 per page on long distance faxing
- No international faxes
- Computers usage is free of charge
- All drives have been disabled to prevent virus infection (including A, B, C, D and flash drives)
- 30-minute time limit when people are waiting
- Librarian reserves right to control access to computers