Welcome to the San Antonio Bar Association!
The San Antonio Bar Association (SABA) is dedicated to this mission:
“To serve our clients and the public with the highest degree of dedication and professionalism in the continuing pursuit of equal justice for all under law.”
Membership in San Antonio’s largest bar organization includes:
NETWORKING & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Monthly luncheons provide important opportunities to meet leaders in the field and expand your professional circle — most SABA luncheons include complimentary MCLE.
- Affordable MCLE on a variety of topics ranging from general practice to niche legal issues. SABA has over a dozen specialty sections that also host specialty MCLE.
- SABA’s annual pictorial directory — SABA members are listed individually with their photograph, firm and contact information. Members receive the SABA directory FREE.
- Subscriptions to SABA’s award-winning monthly newsletter, the Subpoena, and bi-monthly magazine, the San Antonio Lawyer, to keep you up to date on what is happening in our legal community. Members are eligible to place FREE “Briefly” announcements in the Subpoena.
- Volunteer opportunities at our charity events and the Community Justice Program (CJP), a non-profit partner that provides legal services to low-income and underrepresented communities.
- Support of local needs through the San Antonio Bar Foundation, the charitable arm of SABA. SABA, the Foundation and the CJP host an annual fun run, golf tournament, chili cook-off and other exciting events to raise funds and awareness.
CELEBRATION OF THE LEGAL PROFESSION
- SABA hosts a Law Day celebration and other events throughout the year to honor and recognize community leaders, events and historic anniversaries. SABA recognizes legal and civic leaders with the Peacemaker Award and the Joe Frazier Brown, Sr. Award for Excellence.
- SABA participates with other San Antonio groups and associations to celebrate legal achievement.
SABA boasts affordable membership dues and offers newly-licensed attorneys membership for only $60! If you are a member reading this, thank you for your participation in this vibrant legal community with nearly 100 years of history. If you are new to San Antonio or the legal field, we welcome you and invite you to become an active member — it will be time well spent!
This is YOUR bar, and we are at your service! Please don’t hesitate to let SABA staff and Board of Officers and Directors know what we can do for you.
James M. “Marty” Truss
Past President and active SABA Member