SABA: YOUR Bar Association
SABA is in the process of taking a close look at the benefits we currently provide, as well as any new benefits we feel our membership would appreciate and use. In this economy, our members are looking to get “more bang for their buck.” A few of the current benefits that come with membership in SABA are:
• The most inexpensive CLE, especially when compared to CLE programs offered by the Austin, Dallas and Houston bar associations
• Inexpensive dues structure as compared to those same bar associations
• Discounted member rates for convenient and high-quality CLE programming
• For the cost of a meal at our monthly SABA luncheon, you get 0.75 hours of CLE
• Receipt of the award-winning monthly Subpoena newsletter, keeping you apprised of the various activities and projects of SABA
• Receipt of the award-winning bimonthly San Antonio Lawyer magazine, with articles and updates written and edited by SABA’s all-volunteer editorial board
• The above publications available in digital format
• Comprehensive legal events calendar
• Award-winning pro bono program, providing opportunities for both mentors and volunteers, and a great way to learn more about family law!
• The “Briefly” section of the Subpoena, the free-of-charge announcement section of the SABA newsletter
• For experienced attorneys, the chance to act as a mentor for a new attorney; and for those new attorneys, the opportunity to be mentored by an experienced attorney in your field(s)
• SABA’s Sections provide specialized information for attorneys based on substantive practice areas, settings and career stage. You can choose membership in one or more of SABA’s 12 active sections
• SABA’s 20 committees cover fee disputes (a real arbitration panel), unauthorized practice of law, CLE Publications, District and County Courts and Medical-Legal Liaison. These committees, to name a few, are a real opportunity to play an important role in shaping San Antonio’s legal community!
• Listing in the SABA Pictorial Directory (one of our most popular free benefits!)
• Availability of the SABA mailing list at a discounted rate for law firm announcements or address changes
• Annual Law Day Luncheon with distinguished speakers, and the Installation Gala, which is usually in September, for a chance to mix and mingle with fellow attorneys and listen to local bands, such as our own Court Jesters
• The best networking at SABA-sponsored events
• Coming soon: online access to our membership directory
We are proud that SABA boasts a membership of attorneys from all walks of life, all areas of practice and at all stages of their careers. Our committees and sections provide much of the heavy lifting for SABA, and we encourage every member to find the section(s)/committee(s) that provides the best fit for his/her career goals. SABA is continuously on the lookout for new ways to serve our membership, and we appreciate all feedback and constructive criticism. SABA board meetings have an “open door policy,” and we welcome anybody to attend and discuss issues and concerns with our board.
To our current members: Thank you for being part of a bar association I know you can be proud of.
To our prospective members: Be a part of an organization that is truly there to serve YOU, and whose members take pride in thinking of new ways to do so.